Site: Veterans Airport MWA – Up to 10,000 s/f in existing Corporate Hangar – or will build-to-suit [access ramp complete]:
– The site is at Veterans Airport (MWA) and provides daily service to Lambert International Airport in St. Louis, MO (STL) and Nashville, TN (BNA).
– The 8,002-foot runway accommodates the largest jets.
– Veterans Airport services include car rentals, hotel, air cargo, and a Fixed Base Operator providing flight instruction, charter, aircraft rental, maintenance, and fuel.
– Veterans Airport is home to a Fire Station providing a 24-hour response.
– Veterans Airport has plenty of ramp/terminal parking with grounded tie-downs and Fixed Base Operator maintenance hangars.
– As a FAR Part 139 Certificated Airport, Airport Operations Staff operates and maintains a full complement of airfield equipment to ensure clear and safe runways and taxiways.
– FBO, Midwest Aviation, will provide superior service to pilots and aircraft.
– Veterans Airport offers unencumbered air space with minimal flight restrictions.
– Air Traffic Controllers can offer unrestricted airspace 0 – 3,000 feet within a five-mile radius and the opportunity to practice several types of approaches: 2-VOR, 2-GPS, LOC, SFO, Overhead, VOR/A, ILS, and NDB. The air traffic control tower is manned 7 am-7 pm; 365 days a year.
– Veterans Airport (KWMA) provides complete airfield manned security 24-hours / 7-days per week. Roving patrols ensure facility and equipment access control, airfield entry/exit control, and key/badge control.
– Additional information about FBO Midwest Aviation is at https://www.midwest-aviation.com
Location: Southern Illinois, Marion 62959:
– Easy access [ 0.272 miles ] to six-lane IL-Hwy 13 (DeYoung St.) and secondary Old IL 13 (West Main St.) Both provide direct access to I-57, 2.964 miles away.
– Illinois Route 13 intersects Illinois from Ohio to the Mississippi Rivers, with Marion as the mid-point at the I-57 intersection.
– Direct access to I-57 via 3 Interchanges, including single-point & diverging diamond. Less than 10 miles to I-24 and less than 40 miles to I-64.
– Area Development Staff are available to coordinate site visits and to discuss local and state incentives.
– It is located less than 10 miles from General Dynamics, a global aerospace and defense company.
– Southern Illinois University at Carbondale is 12 miles west of the site via IL 13. The university is among the top 5 percent of all U.S. higher education institutions for research. The university supports several externally funded interdisciplinary initiatives for student research training and education, including the highly competitive National Science Foundation-funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates. The Aviation program at SIU has a waitlist.
– A network of four Community Colleges: John A Logan, Shawnee, Southeastern, and Rend Lake Colleges, leaders in workforce development, exists nearby. John A. Logan College, the number one industrial training institution in Illinois, is 7 miles west of the site via IL 13.
– Site is within one mile of the Crab Orchard and Egyptian Railroad, a short line railroad operated by Progressive Rail and providing connecting service to BNSF and Union Pacific national carriers. Transload, rail car repair, and high rail conversion services are available.
– Several businesses employing more than 1400 workers are in the mixed-use industrial park adjacent the airport. There are two distribution centers, two manufacturing facilities, and two business office centers.
– Heartland Regional Medical Center is one mile east. Also, in Marion the VA Hospital at Marion serves a Tri-State area.
– The cost of living in Marion, Illinois is 15.9% less than the State of Illinois.
– Quality of Life: community facilities include The HUB Recreation Center, Marion Cultural and Civic Center, The Pavilion Event Center, Market Street Music Conservatory & more.
Street Address: 10400 Terminal Drive, Suite 200 Get Directions
City (where site is located): Marion View City Profile
County (where site is located): Williamson County View County Profile
Zip Code: 62959
Latitude/Longitude: 37.7471, -89.0109
Type of space: Office, Industrial
Min Size: 10,000 sqft
Max Size: 10,000 sqft
Last Updated: 2/7/2023
For Lease: Yes
Total Building sf: 25,041 sf
Available sf: 10,000 sf
Ceiling Height Max: 30 ft
Ceiling Height Min: 30 ft
Drive In Doors: Yes
Multi Tenant Building: Yes
Number of Floors: 1
Ownership: Williamson County Airport Authority
Current Major Tenants: Cape Air & Corporate Owners
Year Built: 2014
Building Description: Airplane Hangar with offices, restrooms, a workroom and the mechanical room along one wall at a depth of 24 feet. The building has two man-doors in addition to the hangar door.
Current Use: Corporate Airplane Hangar
Parcel: 06-08-300-023 & 06-08-400-023
Name: Veterans Airport
County: Marion-Williamson County
Logistics and Transportation Sites: Yes